Are you looking for some fun backyard games for both kids and adults? Look no further! Here are some great options that are sure to keep everyone entertained:
Games for Both Adults and Kids
- Cornhole: Cornhole is a classic game that is enjoyed by people of all ages. The game consists of two boards with a hole in the center and players take turns tossing beanbags onto the boards. The goal is to get the beanbag into the hole or as close as possible to earn points. Cornhole is a game that can be played at any skill level, making it accessible to both kids and adults. With customizable boards and bags, you can even make the game your own.
- Giant Jenga: Giant Jenga is a larger-than-life version of the classic game that adds an element of excitement to the traditional version. The game consists of oversized blocks that are stacked into a tower. Players take turns removing blocks until the tower falls. With its oversized blocks, this game adds an element of excitement to the traditional version and is perfect for large groups.
- Frisbee Golf: Frisbee golf is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and get some exercise. The game is played like traditional golf, but instead of a ball and club, players use a frisbee. The goal is to get the frisbee into a basket in as few throws as possible. With different levels of difficulty, you can adjust the course to match the skill level of your players.
- Water Balloon Toss: Water balloon toss is a fun way to cool off on hot summer days. The game is simple: players stand a few feet apart and take turns tossing a water balloon back and forth. The catch? With each successful toss, the players take a step back, making the game more challenging. Players can stand closer or farther apart to increase or decrease the difficulty of the game.
Games for Kids
- Red Light, Green Light: Red Light, Green Light is a classic game that encourages kids to follow directions and enhances their coordination skills. The game consists of one player acting as the “stoplight” and the other players standing a few feet away. The stoplight calls out “red light” or “green light” and the players move accordingly. This game is perfect for birthday parties or family gatherings.
- Obstacle Course: Obstacle courses are a great way to encourage kids to be active and develop their motor skills. With a little creativity, you can create a challenging course that will keep them engaged for hours. Use cones, hula hoops, jump ropes, and other items to create a fun and exciting course that will challenge your kids. Just remember to keep safety in mind first and foremost!
- Duck, Duck, Goose: Another classic game that encourages kids to be active and social. The game consists of players sitting in a circle while one player walks around tapping each person on the head, saying “duck” with each tap. Eventually, the player taps someone on the head and says “goose,” at which point the goose stands up and chases the player around the circle. With a large group, the game can become quite competitive, making it even more fun.
- Simon Says: Simon Says is a game that promotes listening skills and concentration in children. The game consists of one player acting as “Simon” and giving commands, such as “Simon says touch your nose.” The other players must follow the commands only if “Simon says” is said before the command. With different levels of difficulty, you can make the game easier or harder depending on the age of your players.
Games for Adults
- Kan Jam: Kan Jam is a game that requires accuracy and teamwork. The game consists of two teams of two players each. Each team has a can and their goal is to toss a frisbee into the can to score points. The game can be played at different skill levels and is a great way to enjoy the outdoors while spending time with friends.
- Ladder Toss: Ladder Toss is a fun game that combines accuracy and strategy. The game consists of two ladders with three rungs each and players take turns tossing bolas onto the rungs to score points. The game can be played at any skill level and is a great way to enjoy a friendly competition with friends and family.
- Lawn Twister: Lawn Twister is a great way to spice up the classic game and is perfect for outdoor parties. The game consists of a large Twister mat that is placed on the lawn. Players take turns spinning a wheel that tells them which body part and which color to place on the mat. The last player standing wins the game.
- Giant Connect Four: Giant Connect Four is a larger-than-life version of the classic game that is perfect for outdoor play. The game consists of a large frame with 42 holes and players take turns dropping colored discs into the frame to connect four in a row. The game can be played at any skill level and is sure to be a hit at your next outdoor gathering.
When it comes to outdoor games, there are plenty of options for both kids and adults. From classic games like Red Light, Green Light and Cornhole to newer games like Kan Jam and Lawn Twister, there is something for everyone. Whether you’re looking to spend time with family, have a friendly competition with friends, or just enjoy some time outside, these games are sure to provide hours of entertainment. So, gather your family and friends, head outside, and let the games begin!